We are a Wellness Clinic
Meet our Experienced Team
Dr. Asim Hussain
Dr.Hussain is a young, enthusiastic, motivated doctor who did his training as a General Physician in England then moved to Alberta, to provide his services. He is honest to his profession and loves what he does. Dr Hussain has very good communication skills. He takes a keen interest in his patients’ problems and tries to solve them so his patients can enjoy a healthy life style. He specializes in Orthopaedics, Pediatrics and Diabetics. He became a Doctor because of his parents, who knew that he had the qualities important to become a good doctor. Good quality patient care and satisfaction is Doctor Hussain’s aim.
He believes in the motto
“Believe you can and you are half way there”
Dr. Tammy Nighswander
Dr. Nighswander is a thorough and compassionate physician. She completed medical school at the University of Calgary and will complete her Family Medicine Residency training through
the University of Calgary in July 2019. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary and a Master of Science in Physical Therapy from the University of Alberta. She was born and raised in Alberta, and worked as a physiotherapist
for several years in Calgary and area prior to her pursuit of a career in medicine. She has experience working with children who have developmental disabilities. She is an advocate for her patients and is a lifelong learner.
She believes in the motto
“If “I” is replaced with “we”, even illness becomes wellness”
Dr Alek Szmigielski
Dr. Alek Szmigielski was raised in Saskatoon, SK, where he attended the University of Saskatchewan to complete a Bachelor of science in Physiology & Pharmacology and as well his Medical Degree. He then moved to Calgary to complete his residency training through the University of Calgary family medicine program. His current clinical interests include full scope general practice, hospital medicine and rural emergency medicine, and someday hopes pursue a clinical teaching role. He enjoys spending his free time outdoors camping, fishing, and skiing in the winters. He is a dedicated physician and is looking forward to creating great relationships with his patients.
Dr Szmigielski believes in the Motto
” Don’t count the days, make the days count”
Dr Farhat Khan
Dr. Farhat Khan trained as a Family Physician and has been practicing in Alberta since 2016. She is passionate about providing exemplary care to the community and takes great pride in the well-being of her patients. Dr. Khan was previously trained as an Obstetrics/ Gynecologist from one of the leading medical schools in Pakistan. She is a strong advocate of Prevention of Disease & Promotion of Health. Her hobbies include travelling & reading. Language Fluency: English, Arabic, Urdu, Punjabi.
Dr Khan believes in the Motto
“Every life matters”
Dr Helen Zhao
Dr Zhao is trained in China and has been working Alberta for 13 years, including experience at neonatal intensive care unit at Calgary, Medicine Hat and Red Deer regional Hospital; Her diverse experience also includes 6 years in rural hospitals and 3 years experience at Alberta Children’s Hospital hematology oncology and bone marrow transplant. She has also worked as an ER Consultant, Hospitalist and in the NICU. She likes to spend time with her patients and to provides them the best care possible.
She is Fluent in Mandarin and English.
She believes in the motto
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much”
Dr Xuemei Li
Dr Li graduated from Chengde Medical College in Hebei China in 1993. After 5 years internal medicine training, She practiced as an internist in China until moving to Canada in 2001. After finishing her internal medicine training from University of Calgary in 2014, she started to work as an internal medicine specialist in Calgary and Yellowknife. She has great passion to help her patients, maintain their health and make good recovery from their illness. It has been her mission to work together along with her patients and their family to build up their health .
Her interests are complexed chronic diseases , diabetes, hypertension, heart failure management, cardiovascular disease prevention
She is also interested in taking care of patients with chronic pain, chronic fatigue or any unspecific symptoms from unknown causes
Dr Li believes in the Motto
” let’s work together to bring great health to you”
Dr Aamir Daud
Dr Daud is trained Pediatrician. After completing his Medical degree and post graduate training in Pakistan, He moved to Canada. He has been practicing in Alberta for the last 8 years. We asked him as what makes this job so interesting or fantastic enough to be chosen? His answer was “This speciality require many sacrifices, skills and strengths to endeavour the obstacles on the way to the goal. This particular speciality is also very honourable and noble profession in the sense of helping children with their illness and ailments, personally, I love children and I’m always fascinated by their actions and interesting techniques of expressing themselves. Since I am intrigued by the children’s personality I love spending time with them”
Dr Daud focuses on Children health including physical, behaviour (autism and ADHD) and Mental health issues
He believes in the motto
“The Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step”
Maliha Asim enjoys meeting new people and finding ways to help them to have an uplifting experience. She has training in Commerce and work experience in administration. She is highly motivated and believes in moving forward in any situation in her profession. She is an integral part of the clinic who is putting all of her heart and soul towards running this clinic efficiently.
Maliha Believes “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall”
Asma is an easy-going individual who is very passionate about her work. She loves to talk and interact with a diverse range of individuals and has many years of clinical and administrative experience. When not working, she loves being outdoors and also enjoys travelling, hiking and biking. She believes in “work hard, be kind and amazing things will happen”.
“Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
Melanie loves and enjoys interacting with people, providing support to the doctors and providing care and service to the patients. This gives her a sense of pride knowing that her work involves improving peoples experiences in the clinic.
On a personal side, she loves to explore new places and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Profile Coming soon
Ken Hui Khaw (Jessie)
Profile Coming soon
You have the right to:
• Be offered access to a healthcare professional within 24 hours and a GP within 48 hours of contacting the practice (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
• Be offered appointments with the family doctor, that can be booked in advance
• Receive emergency medical treatment or advice when the practice is closed
• Speak confidentially with a member of the reception team
• Access to a healthcare professional who will provide you with the information and support that you need to manage your health conditions and stay as well as possible.
• Be issued with repeat prescriptions when requested
• Access to facilities for disabled persons
• Be chaperoned during consultations
• Request the support of translator services
• Contact the reception team to receive the results of some medical test
• Be referred to a specialist or for a second opinion if the patient and the GP agree
• Have the right to view your medical records on completion of a Subject access request form, and to know that those working for the medical clinic are under legal obligation to keep the contents confidential.
• To have a named associated Family physician
• Have your concerns, suggestions or complaints listened to and acted upon by the practice in accordance with the practice’s in-house complaints procedures.
We can only deliver consistently high standards with your help. So please remember to:
• Be respectful to the staff at all times – remember our staff wants to do their best to help you.
• Respond in a positive way to questions asked by the reception staff.
• Let us know as soon as possible if you cannot keep an appointment. This will help us to see someone else instead
• An appointment is for one person only – where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made. In case of emergency we will try our utmost to accommodate appointment for other family members
• Patients should make every effort when consulting the clinic to make best use of nursing and medical time
• Tell the receptionist or clinician if you change your name, address or telephone number
• Turn off your mobile telephone when in consultation
• Be considerate of other patients and their carers when visiting the practice
• Give us your comments and suggestions – so that we can monitor and improve our services whenever possible or join our patient participation group.
Check out Our Services
Services from a wide variety of medical fields
We have expert female physicians that can look after all women’s health issues.
We have a lump and bump clinic that offers removal of sebaceous cysts, moles, and biopsies.
Laceration & Cuts
Suturing, dressings, and wound care.
Scrapes, cuts, bruises and burns. We have you covered.
Flu season? Not to worry. Our physicians will be offering flu shots to both adults and children.
IUD Birth Control
Our female physicians provide birth control counselling and IUD insertions.
We provide travel consults to our patients along with arrangements for any required vaccinations.